Female form photography is almost as it suggests. It is the capturing of the female form image while she poses for photographic purposes. There are many competent photographers today with established photography businesses specializing in different modes of female form photography. These modes include both commercial and artistic strands, often both in one.
As indicated earlier, female photography is an evergreen topic of interest for men mostly. But just why is it so popular even after so many centuries?? By now, it seems almost all poses and art expressions of a woman have been captured by the camera. However, it is still in vogue! These are the probable reasons for the sustenance of the female form photography:
- A woman’s body has been a symbol of reverence for men. A woman has always stood for beauty, truth and purity beyond the reach of men. Capturing those delicate moments in a single expression creates ripples in the photography market.
- The next obvious reason for the added interest is the physical attraction that men have for women. Female anatomy photography is a definite yes for them.
- Last but not least is money. Female photography fetches lots of money. Photographers have been known to become wealthy quickly in this arena. As a result, female nude photographs are always in demand.
However, no matter what the reasons are for the photographer, it is the ultimate affect the photograph captures that is important.
Clothes on or no clothes, females have always been a favorite subject of photography. However, it takes talent and perseverance to get the exact expression that would make your photos world famous. If you need some tips about female form photography, then given below are few start ups that would hopefully help you along.
- Find the right model for your photograph! Getting a subject for your photograph is a tough job for any photographer – especially if your aim is to take intimate photographs. However, if it is simply facial expressions that matter, then even your mother, daughter, wife or sister would do. It is the expression you want right? I’m sure it would be apparent, that if it involves some degree of nudity, then it is better you hire a professional model who would be more comfortable posing.
- Background for stills. The background needs special attention when it comes to photographing female forms. Viewers usually relate better to a serene setting that matches her delicate lines. Usually, the studio is the best place to do the shoot as you can adjust your settings and be in control of lighting. If outdoor shooting is your interest, then you’ll need to be prepared with equipment for highlighting contrasts etc. Hint: A darker background gives better clarity to the female form.
- Lights, Camera, and click. The lighting is of paramount vitality if you want your images to be perfect. It is always better to have the lighting focused on the female either from behind or the sides. Directly on the face would have two disadvantages; the light on the face would not capture the perfect expression which angled lighting or background lighting would provide. Moreover, light on the face would make any one uncomfortable and promote squinting!
- Keep your distance!. When you are shooting your model, make sure you are away from her!! Use a variety of lenses. Avoid moving in too close when you are capturing the most detailed moments of her face, keeping some distance will help immensely. It would make her feel comfortable and result in better and more diversified expressions.